Thank You Eric

Comments, questions, bug reports, etc.
misty

Thank You Eric

Post by misty »

I'd just like to say a very big thank you to synchronicity/Eric.

I am the author of two winbuilder projects that can be used to build a customised Windows Preinstallation Environment (a Windows Live distro) within a matter of minutes - at the core of both projects lies wimlib-imagex. Without Eric's fantastic work (and hard work, and continual development, and bug fixes, and adding feature requests) neither one of my own projects would exist.

Thanks again.

Eric - due to work issues and commitments I'm not in a position to test any of the 1.8.3 Beta builds or the recent additions at the moment. The new features look interesting and very useful. Rest assured that I will do some testing when I find the time - realistically in about a month!

P.s. Almost forgot to say well done - so WELL DONE! You should be very proud of your work - I believe that I have mentioned this in another forum, however it's worth repeating. In my opinion wimlib-imagex outperforms the Microsoft .wim tools in most areas - it's more feature rich, is easy to use, and it's damn fast. The extract and inject features are particularly useful.
synchronicity
Site Admin

Re: Thank You Eric

Post by synchronicity »

Hi,

Glad to hear you find the project so useful. I've been working on it much
longer than I expected when I started, but I've learned a lot from it. The
compressors and decompressors are generally the most interesting part. I was
amused to see recently that the 7-Zip author referred to my code when he added
support for solid LZMS-compressed WIM archives!

The new feature that perhaps could use the most testing is the "compact-mode
extraction" support, especially when applied to a full Windows system --- this
was implemented following user suggestions but I haven't yet done much testing
of it myself.

- synchronicity