Comments, questions, bug reports, etc.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 363
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:31 pm
wimlib version 1.11.0 has been released. List of changes:
- Fixed a data corruption bug (incorrect compression) when storing an already highly-compressed file in an LZX-compressed WIM with a chunk size greater than or equal to 64K. Note that this is not the default setting and such WIMs are not supported by Microsoft's WIM software, so only users who used the --chunk-size option to wimlib-imagex or the wimlib_set_output_chunk_size() API function may have been affected. This bug was introduced in wimlib v1.10.0. See viewtopic.php?f=1&t=300 for more details.
- On all platforms, sparse files are now extracted as sparse.
- Sparse files captured from UNIX-style filesystems are now marked as sparse in the resulting WIM image.
- Added support for storing Linux-style extended attributes in WIM images. When the --unix-data option is used on Linux, wimlib-imagex now captures and applies extended attributes, in addition to the already-supported standard UNIX file permissions (owner/group/mode) and special files.
- --delta-from is now supported by wimappend. (Previously it was only supported by wimcapture.)
- On Windows, improved the way in which files deduplicated with Windows' Data Deduplication feature are captured.
- The development files needed to link with wimlib using Visual Studio are now included in the Windows release archives.
- wimlib.h can now be included by Visual Studio without errors.
- The example programs can now be compiled in C++ mode, and they also now work on Windows.
- Updated 'mkwinpeimg' to work correctly on images that have a "windows" (lower case) directory rather than a "Windows" (upper case) directory.
- Fixed configuring with --enable-ssse3-sha1 from release tarball (the file nasm_lt.sh was missing).
- Made some documentation improvements
The files and their SHA-256 checksums are: