wimlib pauses during apply

Comments, questions, bug reports, etc.
Mimos

wimlib pauses during apply

Post by Mimos »

Edit: Well In now think it actually pauses because I click into the power shell window which seems to be a feature of powershell itself...

I had wimlib pausing execution for no apparent reason the secound time now. The first time was with an official version (I think it was 1.10 but I am not 100% sure). Now it was with my custom compiled 1.11 Beta2.

Both times it happened during apply (on different files), the first time after only a few gigabytes, now after about 800.

Because it happened a 2nd time now I took a closer look:
- no cpu load
- no disc activity
- after pressing Crtl+C twice + Enter once in the power shell it continues working. I cannot tell which command exactly caused it to continue.

When it hapened the first time I killed the process (using the task manager), so I cannot tell if it would have continued. I just extracted the wim a 2nd time and that time it did not pause.

Maybe this helps somehow but I guess you need more information than that.
chungy

Re: wimlib pauses during apply

Post by chungy »

Mimos wrote:Edit: Well In now think it actually pauses because I click into the power shell window which seems to be a feature of powershell itself...
Sounds like you've accidentally enabled a selection. If you see a reversed-colors block at the place you click, try hitting Enter and see if the program resumes. Windows pauses the program in selection mode; this is a feature of the console window itself, not any particular shells (it'd happen if you used cmd.exe or bash too).