Skip a file during extraction

Comments, questions, bug reports, etc.
Dec

Skip a file during extraction

Post by Dec »

Hello.

I am trying to create NSE allows uses to navigate through WIM files in Windows Explorer. When user starts command Extract I call wimlib_extract_paths function. Everything works OK but there is small problem - during extraction I cannot show "Override dialog" because the only variants I can give to user are Override (WIMLIB_PROGRESS_STATUS_CONTINUE) and Cancel (WIMLIB_PROGRESS_STATUS_ABORT). I cannot find a way to implement Skip functionality. Is there a solution of my problem? Also it will be great if I can change destination path and name in the callback.
synchronicity
Site Admin

Re: Skip a file during extraction

Post by synchronicity »

No, currently there isn't a way to do this through progress functions. Also, as currently designed, wimlib doesn't really do "per file" extraction progress, but rather provides statistics for calculating a percentage complete. wimlib is more focused on extracting the files --- or the whole image, as is more commonly the case --- as correctly and efficiently as possible, which can include different files being worked on at the same time, or the same file being worked on at different times.

I suppose there is nothing preventing you from checking for file conflicts ahead-of-time, though. And if the user wants to do "renames", you could transiently rename files in the WIM image using wimlib_rename_path() before extracting them.