Only apply metadata

Comments, questions, bug reports, etc.
deployer

Only apply metadata

Post by deployer »

Is it possible to only apply the metadata from the wim image? If not would it be difficult to add?

I am using a pipable wim and have an issue when restoring. I have a parent process that receives the wim via multicast and everything works fine up until applying metadata. At that point the actual transfer is complete and the parent process stops because it thinks everything is done. This in turn stops wimapply from finishing the metadata. It usually makes it to about 70%.

Thanks
synchronicity
Site Admin

Re: Only apply metadata

Post by synchronicity »

I'm not sure I understand your problem and how your proposed feature relates to it. Are you saying that the wimapply process is being killed before it has finished? If so, that isn't the fault of wimapply. You need to ensure that it is allowed to run to completion. The details of exactly what it does at what time are not important.
deployer

Re: Only apply metadata

Post by deployer »

Yes the process is being killed before it finishes. I understand it is not the fault of wimapply, just for my situation having the ability to restore only the metadata without extracting all of the file data would be a valid work around for me. I just wasn't sure if there was flag I could use to do this. I guess not, oh well, not a big deal.