wimlib building on Open Build Service (OBS)

Comments, questions, bug reports, etc.
m.radtke

wimlib building on Open Build Service (OBS)

Post by m.radtke »

Hi @ all.

I work for the company uib gmbh in Germany.
Our product http://opsi.org provides software deployment, client managment, unattended OS install via PXE and a lot of other possibilities.
We do also provide a script for our customers with which they can read out the Windows image name out of their WIM file.
For these purposes we use wimlib and wimtools. However we didnt want to let our customers compile and install wimlib from source. Therefore we initiated a wimlib build on the Open Build Service https://build.opensuse.org/package/show ... ned/wimlib. Wimlib is build for most common distributions.

We would like to know if the wimlib Devs would like to build wimlib at the Open BuildService. If yes we would provide some support on initiating the build so everyone can get the binaries without much effort.

Is anyone of the devs interested?

Cheers
Mathias
synchronicity
Site Admin

Re: wimlib building on Open Build Service (OBS)

Post by synchronicity »

Sounds interesting. However, currently I'd prefer not to get too involved with UNIX / Linux packaging. There are many different packaging methods and conventions, and other people will package the software if they are interested in it, anyway. For that matter, it appears that wimlib v1.9.0 was recently added to Debian. I also try to keep the build system very standard.

Of course, please feel free to maintain the Open Build System build if you're interested!
m.radtke

Re: wimlib building on Open Build Service (OBS)

Post by m.radtke »

Hi,

the benefit of the Open BuildService is that you do not have to struggle with the build process in detail.
You have to provide a spec file for RPM Distros and a Debian based file for the build. Then you can start the build process.

If you are interested we can communicate in detail and I can procide you all the infos you need to know how to initiate these builds.

Cheers
Mathias