Solid Compress ?

Comments, questions, bug reports, etc.
pixojat552

Solid Compress ?

Post by pixojat552 »

wimlib-imagex export C:\install.wim 1 C:\install_NEW.wim --solid-compress=LZMS:100 --solid --solid-chunk-size=1G

Im trying to create a solid .wim using the command above, but when I check with "wimlib-imagex info" command, the chunk size always becomes 131072 bytes which is 128K. What am I doing wrong ?!
synchronicity
Site Admin

Re: Solid Compress ?

Post by synchronicity »

Nothing. wiminfo shows the chunk size for non-solid data only. It maybe should work differently, but this originates from the way the WIM file format is designed; there is not a single solid chunk size like there is for non-solid data.
pixojat552

Post by pixojat552 »

What combination of settings do I put if I want to create the most condensed .wim image ?
synchronicity
Site Admin

Post by synchronicity »

What you have is fine. You could also increase the non-solid chunk size, but that won't make much difference since you're using --solid.

Please note, if you need compatibility with Microsoft software, you generally can't customize either chunk size.
pixojat552

Post by pixojat552 »

Are you saying theres a non-chunk size more than 1G? What would that new size be ? Can you show me an example of the command ?!