wimapply:Exiting with error code 28

Comments, questions, bug reports, etc.
liuzhaoyzz

wimapply:Exiting with error code 28

Post by liuzhaoyzz »

Exiting with error code 28
WIN10X64LTSB2016 Chinese version 1607.14393.2273+wimlib-1.13.4x64 (released Apr 18, 2021)
set "wimlib=wimlib\x64\wimlib-imagex.exe"
command:"%wimlib%" apply "compact.wim" %Addisk% --compact=lzx

wimlib-imagex :“Exiting with error code 28:The SHA-1 message digest of a WIM resource did not match the expected value.”。

Data integrity: WIM files include checksums of file data. To detect accidental (non-malicious) data corruption, wimlib calculates the checksum of every file it extracts and issues an error if it does not have the expected value, unless the --recover-data option is given. (This default behavior seems equivalent to the /verify option of ImageX.) In addition, a WIM file can include an integrity table (extra checksums) over the raw data of the entire WIM file. For performance reasons wimlib does not check the integrity table by default, but the --check option can be passed to make it do so.

command:"%wimlib%" apply "compact.wim" %Addisk% --compact=lzx --recover-data
wimapply didn't abort,but it seems the wim SHA-1 is not as expected,and this will make some errors.

What should I do?
Attachments
屏幕截图(4).png
屏幕截图(4).png (370.56 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
屏幕截图(3).png
屏幕截图(3).png (376.04 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
屏幕截图(2).png
屏幕截图(2).png (369.17 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
synchronicity
Site Admin

Re: wimapply:Exiting with error code 28

Post by synchronicity »

Well, your WIM archive is corrupted. As the documentation says, you can use the --recover-data option to extract the corrupted files anyway. That doesn't change the fact that they were corrupted, of course, and it's intentional that warnings are still printed about such files.
liuzhaoyzz

Re: wimapply:Exiting with error code 28

Post by liuzhaoyzz »

OK,I see.

I did use the --recover-data option to extract the corrupted files anyway,but finally some files seem to be not correct.